Six Benefits of Dental Implants
People are living longer than ever, and while regular brushing, flossing, and checkups allow many of us to maintain our natural smiles for a lifetime, sometimes our teeth just can’t keep up. If you have lost a tooth (or a few teeth) due to injury or disease, dental implants can rejuvenate both your smile and your oral health.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small artificial tooth roots that are placed in the jaw bone, just like real teeth. The implant is made out of titanium and are
carefully engineered just like prosthetic hips and knees. This small screw is placed in your jawbone by your surgeon and serves as the foundation for your new tooth. Implants are not the only way to replace missing teeth, but have some unique advantages:
Six Benefits Of Dental Implants
1) Durability: Dental implants, if cared for properly, can last over 35 years. Of course, good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are important. If an implant is lost or fails, depending on the cause of the failure a second implant, can usually be placed in the same site.
2) Appearance and function: The only person who will know about
your decision to have dental implants is you. Implants are made to look and feel just like your natural teeth. Dental implants can also solve the speech issues associated with dentures. If you currently wear dentures, you no longer need to worry about slipping teeth that might cause you to slur your words.
3) Convenience: With dental implants, you do not have to worry that they might slip out of position because the framework is permanent. In addition, you will not have to deal with any messy glue that helps hold removable dentures in place.
5) Improved Confidence: Dental implants help restore your youthful appearance and help you feel confident.
6) Improved Oral Health: Unlike tooth-supported bridges, dental implants do not involve any anchoring to your surrounding teeth. Because they do not directly rely on neighboring teeth for support. This means that implants do not compromise the health of your natural teeth. Dentures are not fixed to your bone and can become unstable with aging. This can make it difficult to eat, speak or smile with confidence.
For more information on the benefits of dental implants and how you can take the first step towards achieving your new smile, contact us at 708-755-0800 or click below to schedule a consultation:
Care you can trust
Dr. Gallardi is a dual Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. Due to her years of general practice, Dr. Gallardi offers a unique skill set working closely with both dentists and specialists alike. Patient care and comfort is her primary concern and feels it is truly a privilege to provide surgical services to our community.